Faculties and centres
Text refundido elaborated by the Service of Academic Management
GENERAL DEFINITION OF MATTERS OF FREE ELECTION
Understand by credits of free election the unit of assessment of the asignaturas or activities in that they configure the matters of free election.
FORMS TO REALISE THE FREE ELECTION
The students will be able to obtain the credits of free election by the following roads:
1. By superación of asignaturas optativas of his own plan of studies.
To) Enrol and assist to class in the two following courses, if the asignatura has docencia.
b) Enrol in the two following courses, with the same academic diet that apply to these asignaturas, if the asignatura does not have docencia by extinction of the plan of studies.
c) Enrol of this asignatura by an alone time in the following course, if the asignatura does not have docencia because like this decides it the responsible department.
They will not be able to incorporate to the file the asignaturas whose denomination or content are identical to the ones of the titulación that was cursando the student.
In the studies of second cycle will not be able to convalidar matters or asignaturas that have surpassed in the first cycle that gives access to the education that you treat .
Excepcionalmente, in case that some student request the incorporation of an asignatura whose denomination coincide with any of the ones of his plan of studies, but no his content, will recognise him the credits of said asignatura with a generic text that will be established by the corresponding Centre.
Will be able to request the incorporation to the file of the activities and courses recognised, whenever they have been approved by the Council of Government of the University of Alicante by the corresponding procedure.
1. The maximum number of credits of free election by each language will be of 10.
2. Will be able to request the incorporation to the file of credits of free election by:
To) Courses of foreign tongues recognised with credits of free election by the University of Alicante (relation of courses).
b) Titles, diplomas or certificates enumerated in the annex I.
c) Course or titles of foreign languages realised in the Official Schools of Languages.
3. The titles of languages will be considered like courses to effects of the computation of credits. His level and number of credits establish in the annex I.
4. By each course approved in the official schools of languages of the Spanish territory will recognise 2 credits, to exception of the courses of intermediate level 1 and 2, by which will recognise 1 credit by each one.
6. Criteria for the incorporation of credits of languages:
To. To determine the number of credits of free election that a student can incorporate to his file, will take into account the criteria that expose to continuation:
- If between the courses accredited there was join or more than upper level or advanced (level B2 MCER*), the number of credits that will be able to incorporate to the file will be the corresponding to the sum of the credits of the courses with a maximum of 10.
* MCER: Common frame European of Reference
8. The students that are realising distinct studies of the related in the previous point and approve any of the asignaturas of the annex II, will not be able to incorporate to his file credits of free election by the same foreign language that the asignatura cursada.
7. Accrediting the realisation of courses of Valencian.
Will be able to recognise like credits of free election the courses of Valencian of the Institut Universitari of Filologia Valencian/Secretariat of Promoció of the Valencià realised from the course 1999-2000. In case that they have realised with anterioridad, will have to request his recognition in the Secretariat of Promotion of the Valencian, that will resolve with the criteria established to the effect.
The courses of Valencian that award credits of free election are:
1. Elementary level: 3 credits. It will not be able to convalidar to the students of all the Philologies, Mankinds, Translation and Interpretation, Advertising and Public Relations, Master (all the specialities) and Social Work.
2. Half level and Upper Level: 5 credits. It will not be able to convalidar to the students of all the Philologies,Translation and Interpretation and Master (all the specialities).
The incompatibilities described in the two separated previous only will have effects when the student have chosen the Catalan like any of the languages or tongues that has to choose, as you establish in his plan of studies.
8. Representing to the University of Alicante in the distinct sportive competitions university or official in which take part, with arrangement to the established in the Regulation for the Promotion and Support to the University Sportsman, approved by agreement of the Board of Government of 28 of February of 2002.
With arrangement to such Disposal, the supposed are:
1. GROUP To: To the university sportsmen that take part in the final stages of the Championship of University Spain, will correspond them 3 credits.
3. GROUP C: The students that are monitors for having obtained the corresponding Scholarship of Sportive Collaboration to charge of the Secretariat of Sports of the University of Alicante, will equate to these effects to the university sportsmen, corresponding them 3 credits.
They Will be cumulative the credits of the different participations in the activities reviewed, that in no case will be able to exceed of 10 credits by academic course. The technician of responsible competition of each activity will have to check the assistance and expedir the document acreditativo corresponding.
9. Taking part in stable groups of cultural production of the University of Alicante.
From the course 2003/04, to the students that form part of the institutional stable groups of university cultural production, will correspond them the credits of free election that indicate to continuation:
For the obtaining of these credits will have to fulfil , at least with the assistance to 80% of the essays and to 80% of the representations. The director of each activity will have to check the assistance and expedir the document acreditativo corresponding.
The Vicerrectorado of University Extension will be able to recognise other stable groups of cultural production with the same conditions that describe previously, but always with the limit of 9 credits by activity.
1. To end to assign credits of free election curricular to the representatives of the alumnado university object of the present Regulation, establishes the following listing of allocation of credits along the length of the electoral mandate:
To) Representative in the Council of University Institute of Investigation, 2 credits.
b) Representative in the Council of Department, 4 credits.
c) Representative in the Claustros of Faculty and of School, 4 credits.
d) Representatives of the Board of Faculty and of School, 6 credits.
And) Members of the Claustro University, 4 credits.
f) The members of the Social Council, 6 credits.
G) The Representatives in the Council of Government, 10 credits.
h) The members of the Council of Students, 8 credits. With alternative character, the
Components of the Permanent Commission of the Council of Students, 12 credits.
i) The Presidency of the Council of Students, 16 credits
2. In the supposed of representative exercise or belonging to several organs of representation and government simultaneously, the representative of students only will be able to urge the recognition of credits of free election with charge to an only organ of representation or of government.
3. To each representative of the alumnado will be able to him assign in his curriculum, at most, the 80 % of the credits of free election established in an only titulación, in attention to his belonging to the organs of representation or of government of the University of Alicante, as well as by the allocation of other no academic activities that generate such type of credits of free election. This allocation of credits of free election comports to assume the responsibility of the charges for which have been chosen.
In any case, will not be able to incorporate like matters of free election courses or academic activities whose contained are identical or similar to the already incorporated , or to the ones of the titulación that is cursando the student.
I TITLE III
INCORPORATION OF THE CREDITS AL FILE OF THE STUDENT
1. When the student have obtained the diploma acreditativo of the activities recognised with credits of free election and in accordance with the present normative, will deliver in the secretaría of his centre a copy of said diploma, together with the original that will be given back, being able to request the incorporation to his file anytime, save that the student want to incorporate credits of foreign tongues.
2. The incorporation to the file of credits of free election by courses, titles and certificates of foreign tongues, only will be able to request when the student was in conditions of finalizar the studies in the same academic course in that it formulate the application or wish to move his file to another centre.
3. The courses and activities incorporated to the file will not be able to be deleted neither substituted by others.
4. The maximum of credits of free election that will be able to incorporate to the file will be the established in the plan of studies that was realising the student. This limit only will be able to be rebasado by the credits of the last necessary incorporation to achieve the total.
The credits of free election will incorporate to the file with the qualification of APT, save the obtained by asignaturas official that will do it with his corresponding qualification.
The price by the incorporation of the credits recognised will be 25% of the established for the educations that is cursando the student, in accordance with the legislation of the Generalitat Valencian, with the exemptions and bonuses that in him collect .
To the students that were enrolled in the academic courses 2002/03 and 2003/04, them apllicará the rule of recognition of languages that more benefit them, was this the one of the present Regulation or lto approved by Council of Government of the 29 of May of 2002, valid in the mentioned academic courses.
With the entrance in force of the present Regulation remain derogated other relative internal rules to credits of free election, and in concrete the approved in the Board of Government the 13/06/1996 , 29/05/2002 , 12/05/2004 as well as the articles 1 and 7 of the approved the 27/05/1999.